Angkor in Cambodia

Discussion forum for techniques and issues relating to the creation of panoramic and/or "mosaic" images

Moderator: spamkiller

panhobby

Angkor in Cambodia

Post by panhobby » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:47 am

Hello,

In few days, I will visit Angkor in Cambodia for short holidays.
For sure, I will bring with me my camera and many related accessories.
I'm looking for photographic and panoramic oriented information about that areas.

Do you know any website that gives some photos hints?

Any recommandations of areas well appropriate for shooting panoramic pictures?

Thanks a lot,

PH

Joseph

Re: Angkor in Cambodia

Post by Joseph » Wed May 23, 2012 8:41 pm

PH,

I hope this gets to you in time before your trip. Although I really don't have any advice on panoramic photography in Angkor or sites to go to, there is one tip I learned from my travels there. You can hire a driver. This was something that I was at first skeptical about, but was very impressed with by the time I left. The driver I hired drove both Tuck Tucks and cars and not only knew where to take me, but he'd be waiting for me patiently the entire time I was shooting. I didn't have to pay him much, but I paid him more than he asked for and that just made him all the more loyal and willing to help. I was grateful for all of his assistance. So I hope that this information helps and perhaps you'll be as lucky as I was and get a good driver who will take you wherever you want to go and even help you get to places you may never have known existed.

Best!

~ Joseph.

thinkstopthink

Re: Angkor in Cambodia

Post by thinkstopthink » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:22 am

I'm in Bangkok right now and would like to make a trip there also. Have you left yet?

Jon
http://www.jonwitsell.com

Code: Select all

http://www.jonwitsell.com