Grand Tetons - from Idaho

Discussion forum for images in Max Lyons' and other image galleries...post links to your own images here

Moderator: spamkiller

BuckeyeYank

Grand Tetons - from Idaho

Post by BuckeyeYank » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:46 pm

Most photographs of the Grand Tetons are taken from within the national park. I had a chance to go to Idaho last month and found an equally impressive view from the Idaho side of the range.

Comments and criticism welcome.

1x4x3 pano, iso 200, 120mm equivalent, f/22, [1/2, 1/4, 1/8s] 37 hfov, 7:22pm local time

Another pano taken a little later with more color in the mountains.

1x6 pano, iso 200, 217mm equivalent, f/22, 1/3s] 29 hfov, 7:36p local time

This pano was taken near the Lower Mesa Falls on Henry's Fork of the Snake River. With the sun angle, I couldn't get a good picture of the Lower Mesa Falls, so I went looking nearby. This is also in Eastern Idaho like the previous pictures.

1x4 pano, iso 200, 67mm equivalent, f/22, 1/4s, 64 hfov, 6:18p local time
Last edited by BuckeyeYank on Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BuckeyeYank

dsp

Post by dsp » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:27 am

Looks like you were around Alta/Targhee. Great skiing there in winter. I like them both - I like the second shots sky/Tetons better, but the foreground of the first. Maybe a selective adjust on the first to warm up the sky a bit would make it the winner. I still think that the range looks more impressive in pictures from the east, without the foothills leading up to the mountains, though they are nice from any direction!
cheers, Darcy

BuckeyeYank

Post by BuckeyeYank » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:47 pm

Thanks Darcy. The nearest town was Driggs, ID, with the exact location here.

I did try to warm up the sky just slightly in the first photo, you were right about it being too blue.

Thanks for the comments.
BuckeyeYank

TriMax

Re: Grand Tetons - from Idaho

Post by TriMax » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:32 am

BuckeydeYank wrote:Thanks Darcy. The nearest town was Driggs, ID, with the exact location here.

I did try to warm up the sky just slightly in the first photo, you were using https://peblueprint.com/bathmate-review my bathmate right about it being too blue.

Thanks for the comments.
That's beautiful. Love the mountains in the background and the moody sky.