a few from Paris

Discussion forum for images in Max Lyons' and other image galleries...post links to your own images here

Moderator: spamkiller

dsp

a few from Paris

Post by dsp » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:18 pm

Just going through the folders, and noticed I had a few that I think are interesting enough to post. Taken back in May. The first two are views of the Seine. The shot of Notre Dame is a Tufuse'd 9 image pano ("developed" twice from the raw). It is a bit on the punchy side, but I like it.

The second is a handheld 4 image shot taken shortly before sundown. I like the glow on the buildings and the light on the river.

The next is a shot peering into the Musée des Arts Décoratifs. I am shooting through a glass window, so unfortunately there wasn't much I could do about the faint reflection in the center of the frame..

The last shot is of the nave of Notre Dame. I especially like this one in relation to the previous shot. Both large, expensive structures with vaulted ceilings, but very different in atmosphere. ~210 vertical FOV, cylindrical projection with the horizontal axis treated as the rotation axis...(also Tufuse'd). Couple of stitching errors but not too bad considering it is a low light hand held pano.

cheers, Darcy

terje.mathisen

Re: a few from Paris

Post by terje.mathisen » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:36 pm

Great job, particularly the last one!

Marsden3

Post by Marsden3 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:08 pm

Great panoramas, the second and fourth are my favourites. Allan

Jim Zuccaro

Post by Jim Zuccaro » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:14 am

Darcy,

Excellent panos! I don't think that I've seen anything like the Notre Dame image, that's brilliant use of the projection. It's a beautiful image.

thanks, jim z

ATucker

Post by ATucker » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:37 am

I like the light on Pano2. The outline of the cloud behind one of the towers on the right seems to follow the outline of the tower roof very closely. Is this a post processing artifact?

I really like the relatively low contrast of Pano3.

Pano4 is a bit punchy, but the projection is great. I have a hard time with vertical panos.

mickleon

Post by mickleon » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:14 pm

Picture 1 is worth making Desktop Wallpaper

zakkariya

Post by zakkariya » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:33 am

Super panorama view. May I know which camera used to click this photos?