looking uptown

Discussion forum for images in Max Lyons' and other image galleries...post links to your own images here

Moderator: spamkiller

dsp

looking uptown

Post by dsp » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:05 pm

Had a meeting upon the 40th floor of 7 WTC. Nice views from the conference room. Would have been better with interesting light, but sometimes you take what you can get!

Jim Zuccaro

Re: looking uptown

Post by Jim Zuccaro » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:56 am

Darcy, that's a cool picture! It's not quite the same as mountains...

What you said about being in a conference room is hard for me to wrap my mind around. The number of times I've been up that high in a building I could count on the fingers of one hand. So how does the conference go? 'Let's get to the matter at hand, the development of the new framostat. So-and-so, can you fill us in on the latest development...' And every one ignores the view out the window? ;-)

Thanks for the picture! Jim Z

dsp

Re: looking uptown

Post by dsp » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:10 pm

People fancy enough to have conference rooms like this also have automatic blinds that cover all the windows with the press of one button. You quickly get into meeting mode, until they raise the blinds at break time, then everyone runs over to the windows again. The space was nice - at the New York Acadamy of Sciences (http://www.nyas.org/RentOurSpace/index.asp - certainly not my usual meeting space - it was nice enough that I may even try to attend meetings that I am not invited to!
cheers, Darcy