Discussion forum for Tawbaware's PTAssembler software, Helmut Dersch's Panorama Tools software and any other photography related software

Moderator: spamkiller

WWG

Re: Newbie

Post by WWG » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:09 am

I liked the video also. If you are going to do more videos I would like to see one about how you adjust the weight curve in Tufuse Pro. I still get surprised by what the sliders do sometimes.... and the histogram adjustments, especially the highlights/shadows bias slider.
Werner

maxlyons

Post by maxlyons » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:38 am

pietopper wrote:I am not interested to get into command lines, etc, as proposed in #2. In any case, the knowledge gained is unlikely to move me forward
That's a shame. It would be a good diagnostic test to determine if there is a problem with PTAssembler or if the issue lies with Enblend. If the problem is with PTAssembler then I'd like to fix it.

In any case, I'm glad you have a working solution now.

Max

cat

Post by cat » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:01 am

Hi Max,

The video tutorial was very nice...it's nice to get confirmation that the way you are doing something is correct and also to learn something new. I'm sure there are quite a few features within PTAssembler that you could create tutorials on: techniques for picking control points, selecting and use of projections, masking features, optimizing techniques etc. If you have the time to make some more I'm sure we'd all learn something new.

Thanks.

Mark S

Post by Mark S » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:50 pm

Max,
I'll third (or fourth) the request for more video tutorials. Though you really have done an excellent job of describing all of the PTA features in the written documentation, I often have trouble finding exactly what I'm looking for when I come across a feature I haven't used in a while (some kind of overarching table of contents for the numerous sections you've written over the years would be helpful). However, watching a video is often a nicer way to learn the ins and outs of new features. Personally would like to see some on manually creating masks on parts of the image to prevent them from getting blended, as well as details on the best way to use the camera position parameters. I've been using PTA for a long time, and still learned several new tricks on the video you linked here. In fact, I had already forgotten that PTA could adjust the exposure settings for me even though I forced myself to use it once back when you first introduced it. Thanks!