Enblend 4.1 - output from blending program cannot be found

Discussion forum for Tawbaware's PTAssembler software, Helmut Dersch's Panorama Tools software and any other photography related software

Moderator: spamkiller

ssobol

Enblend 4.1 - output from blending program cannot be found

Post by ssobol » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:40 pm

When using PTAssembler 6.0 (ver. 8/27/2012) and Enblend 4.1 I get the "Error: Output from blending program cannot be found". This does not occur when using Enblend 4.0.

The attached zip contains the files requested for the bug report by PTAssembler.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

maxlyons

Re: Enblend 4.1 - output from blending program cannot be fou

Post by maxlyons » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:30 pm

It sounds like Enblend failed to produce the output that PTAssembler was expecting. In fact, I just had a very similar inquiry from another user (via e-mail). And, after some diagnosis, it turned out that Enblend couldn't run on his computer, because Enblend was missing a DLL file that it needed. Here is what he reported:
As you suggested I opened Enblend with Tiff-images as input to Enblend and it prompted in an Error-console that the program cannot start because Vcomp110.dll is lacking. I found the dll- file in another folder as the enblend.exe file and put them together. Now it works normally, thank you!
Can you determine if Enblend can, in fact, run independently of PTAssembler (i.e. from the command line). If so, then we can look elsewhere for the problem.

Thanks,

Max

ssobol

Post by ssobol » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:07 pm

Turns out that the default download for Enblend 4.1 is for 64 bit Windows (I run Win XP). The fact that the download is 64-bit is not very obvious. I found a 32-bit version of Enblend 4.1 and it runs without errors.

Thanks.

ssobol

Post by ssobol » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:36 pm

Some more information:

When running PTAssembler 6.0 and Enblend 4.1 the final panorama output (blended single layer TIFF) from PTAssembler is incorrect. When calling Enblend 4.0 with PTAssember 6.0 the final pano is correct. If the PTAssembler output is selected as multiple image TIFF with masks and then separately run through either Enblend 4.0 or Enblend 4.1 the final pano is correct.

The attached zip file contains the output from PTAssembler using Enblend 4.0 and Enblend 4.1 (two files) and the output of the multi image tifs run through Enblend 4.0 and 4.1 separately.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

maxlyons

Post by maxlyons » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:00 am

ssobol wrote:When running PTAssembler 6.0 and Enblend 4.1 the final panorama output (blended single layer TIFF) from PTAssembler is incorrect.
I did not encounter any problems when using Enblend 4.1. My first guess is that whatever is different between your test and mine (e.g. enblend version, image format, operating system, 64/32 bit, etc.) is the cause of the problem.

Can you tell me the following if you are using 8 or 16 bit images, and if your images have an alpha channel? Does this happen on every project or just some projects?

Thanks,

Max

ssobol

Post by ssobol » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:21 pm

I am using jpg images on Win XP. The output from PTAssember is Blended single image tiff. If I output multiple tiffs w/masks from PTAssembler and then combine them separately with Enblend 4.1 the images are correct. If I output a single blended tiff calling enblend 4.0 the image is correct. It seems that output files for the single blended tiff output from PTAssembler going into Enblend 4.1 is the problem. I don't know what is different between the input requirements of Enblend 4.0 and Enblend 4.1.

maxlyons

Post by maxlyons » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:26 pm

I think I may have identified the problem, and believe that it is with Enblend 4.1. Specifically, I think that there may be an issue when invoking Enblend with the "-a" option, which instructs Enblend to "pre-assemble non-overlapping images". By default, PTAssembler invokes Enblend with this option, in order to speed up the blending process.

After some trial and error I found one of my own projects that exhibited this problem when invoking Enblend with the "-a" option, but not when invoking Enblend without the "-a" option. So, an easy workaround for this problem is to remove the "-a" command line argument from the list of arguments that PTAssembler sends to Enblend (using PTAssembler's Blending Program Configuration screen). However, at this point, I think this is a bug with Enblend, so it might be good to get the problem resolved at its root, i.e. in Enblend.

In fact, I found another project for which Enblend 4.0 works fine, but Enblend 4.1 crashes without explanation. Given all this, I think I might just stick with Enblend 4.0 for now.

Max

ssobol

Post by ssobol » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:15 am

That's what I'll probably end up doing. I sent a bug report about Enblend, but the guy who does Enblend doesn't seem to be very helpful.

Steerpike

Post by Steerpike » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:58 am

note that you will get this same error (output ... cannot be found) if you don't correctly specify the location of the enblend program. I mistakenly entered only the DIRECTORY of the program, assuming it knew the name of the executable. You'd think there would be an error along the lines of ... enblend executable not found ... or similar, but you only get the 'output from blending program cannot be found'. Once I pointed to the actual executable, I was able to get the 64 bit 4.1.1 version to work.

SuperSwinka45

Re:

Post by SuperSwinka45 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:51 am

Thank you very much for that topic. It is very informative and useful for me. BTW. Hello to everyone I am new here and it is my first post.