Loss of IPTC Info

Discussion forum for Tawbaware's PTAssembler software, Helmut Dersch's Panorama Tools software and any other photography related software

Moderator: spamkiller

andrewj

Loss of IPTC Info

Post by andrewj » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:46 am

Hi Max,
I am stitching JPG images which already have full EXIF and IPTC (description and location) information, courtesy of my RAW processing process. However, the stitched TIFF output from PTAssembler loses all this data. Is there any way to set your tool so that it produces a JPG instead of a TIFF and keeps the EXIF and IPTC from the incoming files?

Thanks
Andrew

WWG

Re: Loss of IPTC Info

Post by WWG » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:34 am

If you download exiftool from here
http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

then put this line into a .bat file in Windows (or a Mac equivalent)
exiftool.exe -TagsFromFile %2 --Orientation -ICC_Profile %1

Click on one of the input files, then Control click on the PTA output file (to select them both) and drag the two image files to the .bat file, exiftool will transfer the EXIF data from the input file to the output (without changing the orientation of the output.) It also attaches the ICC profile (useful for Lightroom users)
Werner

andrewj

Post by andrewj » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:47 am

Hi,
Thanks, but that's not what I asked. I already have a utility which can copy the data from the original file to the PTA output (although it will need adjustment to include IPTC info, just as your script will). However I was hoping that Max would comment on whether it's possible to preserve the information during generation, which would make life a lot simpler.
Thanks
Andrew

WWG

Post by WWG » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:57 am

I've been asking for that for years. Good luck.
Werner