Fujifilm S2000HD landscapes

Discussion forum for hardware related issues and questions

Moderator: spamkiller

Rogers

Fujifilm S2000HD landscapes

Post by Rogers » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:35 am

Hi, I'm having some difficulty with landscape shots on the camera I got for my birthday.

I tried doing a small panorama (around 20 pictures), first on auto mode, then on landscape mode, and stitched them together. For some reason the auto mode worked better (including range of colour)...

The quality issue may just be because it was on max (15x) optial zoom, but I'm pretty sure the dual IS was on at the same time.

First picture: farmland, mountains in distance, sky.
Second picture: houses in foreground, 'dramatic clouds' sky.

Does anyone have some hints on how I can improve the quality results for these type of pictures?

Thanks!

21st Hermit

Post by 21st Hermit » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:47 pm

Set daylight WB, and manual aperture and shutter. Use the brightest part of the scene to set the exposure and use the histogram.
A test is worth one-thousand expert opinions.

Rogers

Post by Rogers » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:43 am

I usually want the variety in colour/shadow etc that comes with a stitch like this, so as not to have dark corners and other less-than-spectacular results. Would setting the exposure result in these kind of 'flat' pictures?
How would you 'use' the histogram here? To judge the exposure settings?

Thanks!

elf

Post by elf » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:33 am

As 21st Hermit said, you need to set the correct exposure for the entire pano. Exposing for the highlights will give you the most latitude when post-processing. Use the histogram to verify you are not clipping any of the channels. When the DR exceeds the limits of the camera, you'll need to bracket the exposures. Generally speaking if you allow the camera to make the exposure choices, there will be large differences between the frames which will make it harder to stitch and blend well.

I wouldn't recommend using any of the mode settings for panoramas, but they can be a useful learning tool for setting exposures. Compare the settings in the exif data for the images you like and the ones you don't. I expect you'll be able to see what makes the difference. You can always post them here as well and I'm sure you'll get a good analysis.

johncare

Re: Fujifilm S2000HD landscapes

Post by johncare » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:36 am

I like any help on what i need to do to take panorma pictures on a Fuji S2000HD & a Fuji s6500

Just seen pictures a pro took of my mothers house

WOW impressed the pictures taken
i put it on Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10447663@N ... hotostream#/

h-g-t

Post by h-g-t » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:09 am

Why not have a look here and check the settings used for pictures similar to yours http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Fuji%20S2000HD
Inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination .....

zakkariya

Post by zakkariya » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:29 am

I Like this camera. It has super features