Canon Pixma 9500 MII

Discussion forum for hardware related issues and questions

Moderator: spamkiller

dsp

Canon Pixma 9500 MII

Post by dsp » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Anyone have one of these? I have one, and for the most part, I really like it (except no roll paper - come on Canon!). But as with most printers, I am still slightly tweaking settings trying to get (more) perfect prints. My system is color managed, but I still find the shadows a just a bit too muddy, despite reasonable care with proofing. Just wondering what others may have found. For reference, I'm using windows 7, profiled Dell 2408 wide gamut monitors, and an nvidia gtx 295, printing mainly on Ilford Gold Fibre Silk, with the Ilford supplied profile for the 9500mII.

best regards, Darcy

Bart

Re: Canon Pixma 9500 MII

Post by Bart » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:30 pm

dsp wrote:Anyone have one of these? I have one, and for the most part, I really like it (except no roll paper - come on Canon!). But as with most printers, I am still slightly tweaking settings trying to get (more) perfect prints. My system is color managed, but I still find the shadows a just a bit too muddy, despite reasonable care with proofing. Just wondering what others may have found. For reference, I'm using windows 7, profiled Dell 2408 wide gamut monitors, and an nvidia gtx 295, printing mainly on Ilford Gold Fibre Silk, with the Ilford supplied profile for the 9500mII.
Hi Darcy,

Yes, I have one, and I like its output. However, I was seriously underwhelmed by the quality of the profiles as supplied by the various paper manufacturers. Fortunately I can make my own (with an EyeOne Pro), and that really made a difference. I haven't tried Gold Fibre Silk yet, so I can't help you with a profile for that though.

Cheers,
Bart

dsp

Are you...

Post by dsp » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:24 pm

The same Bart as Bart on the luminous-landscape forum, recently posting on a sharpening thread? Just curious.
cheers, Darcy

Bart

Re: Are you...

Post by Bart » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:46 pm

dsp wrote:The same Bart as Bart on the luminous-landscape forum, recently posting on a sharpening thread? Just curious.
cheers, Darcy
Hi Darcy,

The one and only, it's me ;-)

Cheers,
Bart