Nodal Ninja Ultimate Modular System and Upgrade Discount

Discussion forum for hardware related issues and questions

Moderator: spamkiller

nickfan

Nodal Ninja Ultimate Modular System and Upgrade Discount

Post by nickfan » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:50 am

Nodal Ninja Ultimate Modular System is photographer’s dream come true ever since the release of first Nodal Ninja SPH-1 seven years ago. It is based on Arca Swiss compatible system, the industry standard for high end photographic support system, together with innovative features badly needed by panoramic photographers. Precision CNC machined from premium T6061 aluminum and anodized, it has high precision, accuracy, durability and long lifetime all in one. The first model of this modular system is the M1 which has 7.5 degree precise positive stops at the upper rotator, supporting lenses from ultra wide angles to 200mm telephotos. It allows templates to be used to speed up stitching and reduce stitching errors.

This the larger of the 2 base configurations for the Ultimate M1 series pano heads.

This the the smaller of the 2 base configurations for the Ultimate M1 series pano heads.

Here is a custom configuration showing use with a ring clamp

We are accepting pre orders now however initial quantities are very limited.
Orders will be shppped in order they are received.

Upgrade Discount for Prior Customers
Fanotec is proud to offer ALL prior customers of Nodal Ninja who wish to purchase a new Ultimate M series pano head generous discounts from $50 to $100!
Terms:
* Discount program applies towards the purchase of Ultimate M1 series pano heads.
* Discount extends to any customer who purchased a NEW NN3 or NN5 series pano head.
* Customers of NN with advanced rotators are allowed to buy an M1 without rotator. However, a default rotator for corresponding model must be bought at the same time.

* Discount levels:
NN5 users: $100
NN5L users: $80
NN3/ NN3II users: $50
* Purchase MUST have been made through authorized reseller PRIOR to Feb. 20th 2011.
* Should demand exceed supply customer may still get the discount by placing pre-order or guaranteeing purchase through reseller selling M1 series pano heads.

* Above conditions must be meant PRIOR to purchasing M1 series pano head.
* Discount will be applied by the reseller in the form of refund or coupon and applied prior to purchase or immediately after as in the form of refund.
* Discount program ENDS April 30 2011.
note: not all resellers will be participating in this program - if your original reseller is not selling the M1 heads please buy from other resellers.

Nick

-----------------------------
Fanotec
We listen. We try harder.

luigi

Re: Nodal Ninja Ultimate Modular System and Upgrade Discount

Post by luigi » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:04 am

The rotator looks like a copycat of the Manfrotto 300N, do I see a lawsuit looming around?
Good luck with the sales, as other NN products it still doesn't look solid/stable enough for me.

nickfan

Post by nickfan » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:16 pm

luigi wrote:The rotator looks like a copycat of the Manfrotto 300N, do I see a lawsuit looming around?
you think they should be granted with a patent for a few sockets on a cylinder? Mind you, any one who has used our rotators and Manfrotto 300N knows that we are far superior in terms of precision.
Good luck with the sales, as other NN products it still doesn't look solid/stable enough for me.
what are you using now? How can you judge the stability for a product we just announce?

Nick

Terrywoodenpic

Post by Terrywoodenpic » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:35 am

luigi wrote:Good luck with the sales, as other NN products it still doesn't look solid/stable enough for me.
What a strange comment... I use NN3 mk2 with my 40 D and 17-55 f2.8 is and it is quite stable enough to do perfect stitches.
This new one, even when fitted with the lighter of the two sorts of arms should be far stronger as it is CNC machined from solid high grade alloy.
It may or may not be the Highest precision pano bracket on the market, but it is up there with the best, and is far more versatile than most. as it caters for both ring and QR base fittings, and has locking arms in both directions. There is also a choice of precision rotators.

However in practise such high quality and rigidity as this can be overkill, as demonstrated by the vast number of excellent pans done hand held.
Terry

old decrepit and still taking photographs

nickfan

Post by nickfan » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:00 am

Terrywoodenpic wrote:
luigi wrote:Good luck with the sales, as other NN products it still doesn't look solid/stable enough for me.
What a strange comment... I use NN3 mk2 with my 40 D and 17-55 f2.8 is and it is quite stable enough to do perfect stitches.
This new one, even when fitted with the lighter of the two sorts of arms should be far stronger as it is CNC machined from solid high grade alloy.
I did hear some customers using >200mm lens demanding more strength of NN5 for some low light situation. That is easy. :-) I just use more material for M1L rails. M1L is 400g heavier than NN5 RD16 and has a shorter vertical rail. All this make it much stronger.

M1L is about 1.5kg.
M1S is about 1.1kg

Nick