Kingpano

Discussion forum for hardware related issues and questions

Moderator: spamkiller

johnboyowen

Kingpano

Post by johnboyowen » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:10 am

Hello
Anyone heard of the Kingpano head? I am looking to buy some low cost kit as im a newby. I have sent a few emals to Kingpano via its website but not had a reply. Is he still in business?
John Boy

wavygravy

Re: Kingpano

Post by wavygravy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:32 pm

Hi John
Don't bother with Kingpano. The owner Bill King doesn't know how to run a business. He ripped me off last year (November) by taking my money but never made or posted the pano head. He has since gone to ground and wont return emails etc.
I have had to go legal with it now as i still have not received the goods. Also i have manaaged via various forums found other people who are unhappy with his service and they are also chasing him for the money he has taken off them.
Be careful!

Terrywoodenpic

Post by Terrywoodenpic » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:51 am

I don't know anything about the situation of King pano.
But it can be a mistake to buy on the cheap. You always find you have to spend more on better kit.
Have a look at the Nodal Ninja Range, They have something for everyone.
http://www.nodalninja.com/

The cheapest way is to take hand helds, but the Problem for a beginner is knowing where their problems are coming from.... camera , hands,Software or lack of a pan head.
Terry

old decrepit and still taking photographs

johnboyowen

Post by johnboyowen » Mon May 02, 2011 4:19 am

Hi
Thanks Terry. I have got myself one of the Nodal Ninga ones that you mentioned and it is great. I am so glad i didnt send any money to Kingpano, Thanks Wavey! I looked on the website and he has now put this message on.....
We currently have
6-8 weeks (sometimes more) delay before shipping
with the KingPANO.
This means he will take your money and run i guess, again thanks for the warning

macpuppy

Post by macpuppy » Wed May 09, 2012 2:14 pm

Seems like Bill King (Bilking?) is still at it. I wish I had read this thread before I ordered.

Just a warning to anyone that might be looking into getting a low cost Panorama head from KingPano.com.

I ordered mine back in January (after sending an email about delivery time) and was told to expect a 4-6 week delay for delivery as he builds each of them by hand. Sure - no problem.

After 2-1/2 months and a few emails, I finally heard from him saying that he was sick for the past week and I should have it in "the next couple of days". That was March 23. I then emailed again and go no responses.

I found some alternate emails and asked again. This time I did get a response and he apologized and gave me a USPS tracking number.

That was 9 days ago and the tracking number shows that it hasn't been sent yet. Just another delay tactic.

Since I'm past the 45 day limit for a Paypal claim, I'm on my own and out $160.00.

I hope that I can save someone else from the trouble of buying from this guy. Meanwhile I'll be looking at other Pano heads and chasing this guy through other options.

Edit: Today (August 7) I finally received a refund.
Last edited by macpuppy on Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maxlyons

Post by maxlyons » Wed May 09, 2012 8:02 pm

I'm really sorry to hear this. I posted a note about King Pano in another thread, and udpated my review last year in response to other stories like this. I hope Bill will ultimately respond and refund your money or send the pano head.

Max