Fuji GX 617 and Roundshot 220VR for sale

Discussion forum for non-commercial sale/trade of photography-related goods and services

Moderator: spamkiller

rdthompson

Fuji GX 617 and Roundshot 220VR for sale

Post by rdthompson » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:23 pm

My developer clients here in South Florida have all gone bankrupt so I'm broke and forced to sell my pano equipment. Selling lenses and cameras separately or together. $5000 for everything. Cost over $30,000 new but I know that doesn't mean anything these days.

Fuji GX617 body, w/ 90mm, 105mm, and 180mm lenses! Scratches on the top under viewfinder where viewfinder slides on and off. Not visible when the finder is attached. $4,000 for entire system including center filters that still cost $300 each new. Check eBay to see what this stuff is going for.

Sietz Roundshot 220VR, with Nikon and Mamiya lens plates. (mamiya plate was $1,200 alone) Great condition as this is my flagship camera and was the biggest photography investment I ever made. I used it for giant lighted displays and the display contractor started recommending this camera to his clients. You can get this camera to work with almost any lens. $3,500 for the camera, lens adapter plates, charger, long remote cord.

I will go to my studio and take pictures of the cameras if someone is interested.

hcrosby

GX617

Post by hcrosby » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:11 pm

Hello,

I would be interested in the GX617.

What is the reading on the film counter?

Can you post a few pictures?

Any additional info. would be helpful.

thx,
Hans

rdthompson

Link To Photo Gallery

Post by rdthompson » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:29 pm

Here is a link to the camera photos.
http://www.dougthompson.net/cameras/[/url]

rdthompson

Counter???

Post by rdthompson » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:39 pm

I've owned this camera for about 5 years but I have never seen a counter other than the one that displays your current exposure on the top of the camera near the winder. People keep asking me in emails what number the counter is on but I have looked and I can't find one. Is it under something? I don't understand why it would have a counter because the shutter is located in the lenses and not in the camera. Each lens would have a different count. But I'm not saying that there isn't one. I will be shocked if I find out that there is one and I never knew about it all this time. Thanks everyone for your interest!

Ed Stander

Counters

Post by Ed Stander » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:24 pm

Just a note -
The G617 had a counter on the bottom in order to keep track of the number of shutter releases the camera had suffered (enjoyed?) to that point. The Gx617 doesn't have a counter, as the lenses are not permanently attached to the camera body.
PM sent.
E.

rdthompson

SOLD

Post by rdthompson » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:45 pm

Hi All! Thanks for your interest. Both systems have been sold.