Kingpano ripped me off

Discussion forum for non-commercial sale/trade of photography-related goods and services

Moderator: spamkiller

UnhappywithKingpano

Kingpano ripped me off

Post by UnhappywithKingpano » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:01 pm

I ordered a KingPANO Panoramic Tripod Head from Kingpano.com several months ago and never received the item. I did however receive several emails from Bill King telling me about how he was busy with his father funeral and could not send me the item until about six weeks later. I said it was fine because I did read on his website about his fathers passing. After a few months I contacted Bill again, this time he claimed his back was bad and he needed rest and could not make anything. He might need surgery and he was telling me that he would send me a secondary pano head because I had been waiting for so long. Another few months had passed and again I contacted him and Bill told me it was finished making it and he would be sending to me within a week. Nothing came, I tried to contact him again and he is not returned my emails. I have asked for a refund, and contacted Paypal. Their is nothing they can do, due to the time that passed. After 45 days no money can be returned, however I still want to warn people out their who might be looking at purchasing from his website.

maxlyons

Re: Kingpano ripped me off

Post by maxlyons » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:00 pm

I have seen a couple of postings here about bad experiences with KingPano. I'm sorry to hear it, and have attempted to contact Bill King (creator of KingPano) to determine if there has been a misunderstanding of some sort or another resolvable problem. However, I haven't head back from Bill, so I have updated my KingPano review with a prominent description of this issue and advice not to purchase the KingPano unless there is a resolution.

It is my hope that this is a simple misunderstanding and that Bill will resolve this (and other) issue(s). If I hear from Bill, I'll post an update on the forum, and the review page.

Max