One for the wish list

Discussion forum for Tawbaware's TuFuse and TuFuse Pro software
JefDB

One for the wish list

Post by JefDB » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:02 pm

I have been trying out Tufuse on a series of interior shots, and I am very impressed with the results. Next step in the workflow is PT-lens for lens and perspective correction, and that's where the loss of Exif-data becomes apparent. So, here is my wish for a future release : if the lens data could be kept intact, that would be a great step forward.
Regards, Jef

Terrywoodenpic

Re: One for the wish list

Post by Terrywoodenpic » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:51 am

JefDB wrote:I have been trying out Tufuse on a series of interior shots, and I am very impressed with the results. Next step in the workflow is PT-lens for lens and perspective correction, and that's where the loss of Exif-data becomes apparent. So, here is my wish for a future release : if the lens data could be kept intact, that would be a great step forward.
Regards, Jef
I had the same problem yesterday doing some single shots... However I could remember the lens setting so set PTLens manually.I suppose one could add the focal length and lens to the file name, as a reminder.
Terry

old decrepit and still taking photographs

wicky

Post by wicky » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:50 am

I could remember the lens setting so set PTLens manually.I suppose one could add the focal length and lens to the file name, as a reminder.

WWG

Post by WWG » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:50 am

I have a little .bat file for EXIFtool that applies the EXIF from one of the input files to PTA's output files.

exiftool.exe -TagsFromFile %2 --Orientation -ICC_Profile %1

It also applies the ICC profile from the input file (Lightroom by default writes ProPhoto tifs) but it excludes applying "orientation" since the PTA output may be different orientation than the input files.

The enfuse plugin for Lightroom does this by itself. hint, hint....
Werner