Tone Mapping

Discussion forum for Tawbaware's TuFuse and TuFuse Pro software
manuel rosario

Tone Mapping

Post by manuel rosario » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:48 pm

Hi Max,

Is there a tone mapping feature of the tufuse pro or a work around, if not, do you have a program that deals with these feature so I can buy. Thank you.

Manuel

DJMoore

Post by DJMoore » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:47 pm

With tone mapping algorithms an equation is applied to a high dynamic range image. TuFuse allows you to effectively arrive at your own algorithm as desired. So in a sense TuFuse itself is a tonemapping 'feature' with the innate ability to select the optimum pixels available. Tufuse is a freeware version, but TuFuse Pro has a greater degree of flexiblity, tools, and offers a nice GUI. Go ahead and download it to see for yourself, pay if it works for you. It's strength is realism, if it's more artistic interpretation you're after then photomatix or Artizen will work.

maxlyons

Post by maxlyons » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:13 pm

DJMoore wrote:With tone mapping algorithms an equation is applied to a high dynamic range image. TuFuse allows you to effectively arrive at your own algorithm as desired. So in a sense TuFuse itself is a tonemapping 'feature' with the innate ability to select the optimum pixels available.
Right...TuFuse doesn't create HDR images, so Tone Mapping isn't relevant. I think of TuFuse and the HDR/ToneMapping approach as two similar, but different ways of achieving the same sort of result: a visually pleasing representation of a scenes with very large dynamic ranges.

Max
Last edited by maxlyons on Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

manuel rosario

Post by manuel rosario » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:44 pm

Thank you very much Max and DJ for the enlightment for a newbee. I already have Tufuse Pro and am satisfied with it's features.

Manuel

waleed345

Re: Tone Mapping

Post by waleed345 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:39 am

Hi!
I'm using Tufuse pro for a while. I was using tufuse commandline before and I find posiibility of using command line very handy. Is it maybe possible to use tufuse pro in command line way? I'm specially interested in parameter to pass for 'highlight floor' as well as 'shadow floor', 'Shadows' and 'Highlights' option.
Can you please help me with this, what parameters to pass?