Preserve Color Profile?

Discussion forum for Tawbaware's TuFuse and TuFuse Pro software
ThomasK

Preserve Color Profile?

Post by ThomasK » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:30 am

Is it possible to preserve the color profile on the blended image?

maxlyons

Re: Preserve Color Profile?

Post by maxlyons » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:57 pm

ThomasK wrote:Is it possible to preserve the color profile on the blended image?
No...not currently.

Max

Vertex Ninja

Post by Vertex Ninja » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:18 pm

How does TuFuse handle color profiles? Does it convert to a new space? Work in the existing space? Just wondering what profile I should assign when bringing into Photoshop. I'm using it for .tif in prophoto or ektaspace from my scanner.

BTW Tufuse does miracles for Velvia scans!

maxlyons

Post by maxlyons » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:01 pm

Vertex Ninja wrote:How does TuFuse handle color profiles? Does it convert to a new space? Work in the existing space?
TuFuse doesn't have/use/need any concept of color space. Color space data tells color-space-aware software how to interpret numerical representations of color...i.e. what particular shade of blue a pixel value of (19,33,241) corresponds to. But, TuFuse doesn't care what shade of blue this is in order for it to work correctly. All of TuFuse's computations are performed on the raw numerical data, so TuFuse doesn't need or care about any color profile information that may or may not be present inside the image. Given this, the color space of the output image is the same as the input images, although the current version of TuFuse doesn't write color space data into the images it creates. I may add the ability for it to copy color space data from a source image into the output image in a future release.

Max