multiprocessor support

Discussion forum for Tawbaware's TuFuse and TuFuse Pro software
evogel99

multiprocessor support

Post by evogel99 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:15 pm

Max,

Finally got back to using TFP for some recent work and am pleased with the results. A couple of questions.

1) does not appear to use multi-processor. If true, will this be added?

2) its been a long time since the last release - will there be anything new in the near future?

Thanks much,

Eric Vogel

maxlyons

Re: multiprocessor support

Post by maxlyons » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:35 pm

evogel99 wrote:Max,

Finally got back to using TFP for some recent work and am pleased with the results. A couple of questions.

1) does not appear to use multi-processor. If true, will this be added?

2) its been a long time since the last release - will there be anything new in the near future?

Thanks much,

Eric Vogel
Eric,

I will defintely continue work on TuFuse and TuFuse Pro. In fact, the main reason that TuFuse Pro isn't out of beta status is that I have not yet finally sorted out why some folks seem to encounter problems when TuFuse Pro invokes DCRaw. I'm still working on fixing this, albeit slowly at the moment.

As for multi-core support, I suspect that I will probably add this at some point. The challenge is that the quick and easy way to do this is to allow TuFuse to process multiple images at once. Unfortunately, that doubles or quadruples the amount of memory needed (depending on the number of cores) which is not ideal. The better way of doing it involves a lot more coding and rewriting of the core algorithms in TuFuse...I'll have to "break" existing code to try and make it better! I haven't yet decided which way I'll proceed on this.

Max

Max

evogel99

Post by evogel99 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:38 am

Max,

Good to hear you are still developing. I have not encountered DCRaw problems as I am using TIF files, not RAW. Speed isn't a big issue to me at this point, though I am glad for the batch ability!

Best,

Eric

dsp

Post by dsp » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:33 am

Hey Max,

Just another opportunity to ask for 64-bit (TuFuse and PTA). I know, I keep bringing it up like a jerk, but this is what kills me right now. I can't find the recent thread where you talk about the average image size, but the fact is the 5dMII gives me 120 MB files at 16 bit. I've already had to give up making 16 bit panos on my home computer, so I resort to using my work machine after hours. Still, on my dual quad core, if I use these images, I have to limit PTA to use 4 cores, or I get memory allocation errors. I have 64 GB, and can clean up the memory so I know I have large enough contiguous blocks - it doesn't matter, because the app can't address enough memory. TuFuse has similar "problems". Anyway, maybe all us large file tweakers can convince enough people to buy PTA and TuFuse so you can get a nice new 64 bit machine for yourself - then you will have some internal motivation to migrate ;) windows 7 is right around the corner...
cheers, Darcy

maxlyons

Post by maxlyons » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:42 am

dsp wrote:Just another opportunity to ask for 64-bit (TuFuse and PTA).
Darcy,

I'm sure I'll get to this at some point, but it hasn't been a priority. I don't have a machine, an operating system or the development tools to create 64 bit software yet. Maybe when Windows 7 is released, it will be the time to get all this stuff and see what needs to be done.

I think that it would be more useful to make a 64 bit version of TuFuse than PTAssembler. Moving PTAssembler to 64 bit would probably allow PTAStitcher to process more images simultaneously (and speed things up a little), but the real speed bottleneck on 32 bit systems with large projects are the stacking and blending stages, and I don't think any of those programs (e.g. Smartblend, Enblend, Enfuse, etc.) have 64 bit versions.

On the other hand, TuFuse is limited in the size of images it can process by available memory, so a 64 bit version of TuFuse would help folks who want to fuse several very large images together.

Max

waleed432

Post by waleed432 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:30 am

Hei!

I have tried Tufuse Pro to blend two images in TIFF format that were created by Capture NX2, and the result is a corrupted image. Is there a known incompatibility between Capture NX2 and Tufuse? And is thre any workaround?

Cut down your exam stress by using our latest Testking sas and high quality Exam Collection 70-331 braindumps gmat and coloradocollege.edu gre.
Last edited by waleed432 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

WWG

Post by WWG » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:22 pm

As long at we're making wish lists, how about wrapping a Lightroom plugin around PTA and TuFuse Pro to allow direct export of tifs and import of PTA's results (with ICC profiles and EXIF data attached)?
Werner