Are the -B and -s commands available on freeware TuFuse?

Discussion forum for Tawbaware's TuFuse and TuFuse Pro software
Guillermo Luijk

Are the -B and -s commands available on freeware TuFuse?

Post by Guillermo Luijk » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:45 pm

Hi Max, I was just trying the -B (Beta) and -s (Sigma) parameters in the freeware version of TuFuse but they don't seem to work. The help command doesn't display them and they are not recognized in any way (-B 0.8, -B=0.8, -B0.8,... I tried all).

Is the reason they are only available on TuFuse pro?

Many thanks.

Punkie

Post by Punkie » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:57 pm

Hello Guillermo

The older version of Tufuse(1.34) has that parameters. The new version not. Supposed to be version 1.44. But the webpage of tufuse is not up to date. It still mentions version 1.34. I've still version 1.34 as a zipfile. But I did not test it with the current version of PTA with the newer version of Tufuse. Perhaps Max knows if that works. I Use it with Tufusion beta, which is a simple GUI for Tufuse. In the thread of Tufusion beta is mentioned that the B and s parameters don't work with the newer version.

Kind regards,
Henk Tijdink

maxlyons

Post by maxlyons » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:51 pm

Sorry folks, the freeware TuFuse page needs a little work, but I haven't had time to fix it yet. I think that the version you can download from that page is actually 1.44. Rather than Sigma and Beta, you can use these options that do essentially the same thing:

--cCo n Contrast: Specifies width/spread of weight curve.
--cBr n Brightness: Determines center of weight curve.

Max

Guillermo Luijk

Post by Guillermo Luijk » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:31 pm

Thanks Max, correct me if I am wrong: with this new naming convention, the value 0 corresponds to the default value.

--cBr -1: weights more a brightness value below the middle brightness
--cBr 0: weights more the middle brightness (default)
--cBr 1: weights more a brightness value over the middle brightness

--cCo -1: more global contrast, less local contrast
--cCo 0: tradeoff between global and local contrast (default)
--cCo 1: less global contrast, more local contrast (can produce lighting incongruences)

Is that correct? BTW, why such weird names? :lol:

Regards

maxlyons

Post by maxlyons » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:02 pm

Guillermo Luijk wrote:Thanks Max, correct me if I am wrong: with this new naming convention
The options do the same thing as the old Sigma and Beta...they really just adjust the position and "thickness" of the weight curve used to assign weights to pixels with different intensities.

Max

smallfluffykat

Post by smallfluffykat » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:17 pm

maxlyons wrote:Sorry folks, the freeware TuFuse page needs a little work, but I haven't had time to fix it yet.
Hi Max, I don't want to sound pushy but can you please update the documentation page with the new command line arguments. I keep periodically losing my bookmark to this thread and then spending ages searching through the forums looking for it again because the arguments in the documentation just make PTA crash.

Cheers, Kat.

maxlyons

Post by maxlyons » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:52 pm

I updated the web page, and the TuFuse program. The latest version is 1.50. The web page says November 2009 because that's when the code was last modified.

You can always get the full set of TuFuse options by running it from the command line with no arguments.

Max