Incompatibility with Capture NX2's TIFF files

Discussion forum for Tawbaware's TuFuse and TuFuse Pro software
Antipeko

Incompatibility with Capture NX2's TIFF files

Post by Antipeko » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:47 am

Hei!

I have tried Tufuse Pro to blend two images in TIFF format that were created by Capture NX2, and the result is a corrupted image. Is there a known incompatibility between Capture NX2 and Tufuse? And is thre any workaround?

Thanks!

maxlyons

Re: Incompatibility with Capture NX2's TIFF files

Post by maxlyons » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:46 am

Antipeko wrote:Hei!

I have tried Tufuse Pro to blend two images in TIFF format that were created by Capture NX2, and the result is a corrupted image. Is there a known incompatibility between Capture NX2 and Tufuse? And is thre any workaround?

Thanks!
TuFuse should be able to read most TIFF files, but there might be some unusual variants that it can't read. Can you send me one of the files?

Thanks,

Max

PSHRutPark

Post by PSHRutPark » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:43 am

maxlyons wrote:

Thanks!
TuFuse should be able to read most TIFF files, but there might be some unusual variants that it can't read. Can you send me one of the files?

Thanks,

Max
I have successfully used Tufuse Pro to blend TIFF images (16bit) that were created by Capture NX2. Done this on a number of occasions.

PETER
http://www.pastoralsystems.co.nz/photography/

Antipeko

Post by Antipeko » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:37 am

PSHRutPark wrote:
maxlyons wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks,

Max
I have successfully used Tufuse Pro to blend TIFF images (16bit) that were created by Capture NX2. Done this on a number of occasions.

PETER
Well, it is good to hear that you managed to use TIFF files created by Capture NX2. That may mean that the problem is not so big and has a solution.
I have tried with both 8bit and 16bit files with no success. Indeed, I also tried with Enfuse and while the 16 bit files did not work, the 8bit files did.

I am wondering if it might be a problem with the version of .NET or Visual Basic libraries used. Could you please specify the characteristics of your system and the version of Capture NX2 and Tufuse?

Max, if it is ok I will still provide you with my files. How should I do that? Can I post them here or should I send them to your email?

Thanks

maxlyons

Post by maxlyons » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:38 am

Antipeko wrote:I am wondering if it might be a problem with the version of .NET or Visual Basic libraries used.
Anything is possible, but I think it unlikely. TuFuse is written in C, and doesn't use VB libraries. TuFuse Pro is written in VB, but it doesn't do any of the actual image processing/manipulation.
Max, if it is ok I will still provide you with my files. How should I do that? Can I post them here or should I send them to your email?
You can either send them to me via e-mail or use one of the on-line file sending services. In either case, if you can send the smallest file that causes problems, that will help the transfer.

Also, please send me the configuration information (Help->Configuration) and the settings/process you use...I'll try to recreate what you are doing on my machine.

Max

Antipeko

Post by Antipeko » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:04 pm

Good news! After all, it seems it was a false alarm. I reinstalled again TufusePro and this time evrything worked perfectly. It seems something went wrong with the first installation.

Thanks anyway for the help and the willingness to help :-) I appreciate it

Cheers!