TuFuse Pro problem selecting 16 bit output

Discussion forum for Tawbaware's TuFuse and TuFuse Pro software
TerryGB

TuFuse Pro problem selecting 16 bit output

Post by TerryGB » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:15 am

I have been trying to TuFuse a single dng raw file. Everything works fine if 'Create 16 bit output / linear output' is not selected, so outputting an 8 bit tif. When I do select the 16 bit option the preview fails.

maxlyons

Re: TuFuse Pro problem selecting 16 bit output

Post by maxlyons » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:21 pm

TerryGB wrote:I have been trying to TuFuse a single dng raw file. Everything works fine if 'Create 16 bit output / linear output' is not selected, so outputting an 8 bit tif. When I do select the 16 bit option the preview fails.
Terry,

I'll check it out. To be honest, in retrospect, I'm not sure why I included that option in TuFuse other than the fact the DCRaw seems to be able to do so. Given the nature of the algorithm used by TuFuse, I'm not sure that it makes much sense to process linear files.

In any case, I'll take a look.

Max

TerryGB

Post by TerryGB » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:35 am

Max,

Thank you, it is not important, I was just trying to get a 16 bit tif output, I do not even know what a linear file is.

Up till now, when I cannot properly align my hand-held brackets, I have been generating three 16 bit tiffs from a single raw file and then blending them, which then gives a 16 bit tif output file. I thought that possibly TuFuse Pro could do much the same from the single raw file, but my experience from trying to do this is that I cannot anywhere near match the quality I can get from the three tiffs.