SendTo in Vista

Discussion forum for Tawbaware's TuFuse and TuFuse Pro software
Buho

SendTo in Vista

Post by Buho » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:37 pm

Probably applies for Win7, too.

I just downloaded TuFuse (freeware). The program itself works great when I run it from the command line (great job, Max!). But now I'm battling the over-protectedness of Vista trying to get the SendTo option working.

When I put the included batch file in the SendTo folder, it does indeed appear in my SendTo menu, however, when I select it, a black screen rapidly appears and disappears. I assume it has some error but I can't read it.

I've tried putting the batch alongside tufuse.exe (elsewhere) and making a shortcut to the batch and putting that shortcut in SendTo. This doesn't work either.

On top of that, sometimes I get the annoying Vista warning: "do you want to run this executable?" If I put a shortcut to tufuse.exe in the SendTo, I get the super-annoying User Account Control (UAC) warning. I've been unable to figure out how to pre-load it with appropriate permissions (like "always trust this executable").

The last option works (UAC warning aside), but the output is put in location of tufuse.exe.

Any advice for you all who have Vista and are using TuFuse from the SendTo?
Eric

maxlyons

Re: SendTo in Vista

Post by maxlyons » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:57 pm

Buho wrote:Any advice for you all who have Vista and are using TuFuse from the SendTo?
I'm not sure what the problem is, but one thing you could try is to edit the batch file and add one line with a "pause" command at the end of the batch file. That will prevent the batch file from ending until you press a key. You should be able to see whatever messages are being displayed which should give some clues as to what is going on.

Max