incosistency between tufuse and pta stacks?

Discussion forum for Tawbaware's TuFuse and TuFuse Pro software
masimo

incosistency between tufuse and pta stacks?

Post by masimo » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:31 pm

I was unable to run tufuse pro getting a return code of -1. I think it was because the exif shows a focal length of 0. I've looking for a tool to change it to see if that is the problem but haven't tested it yet.

However the same images stack fine in pta and pta recognizes the subject images are identical even though the focal length of all the images used is 0.

I have the focal length of 0 because I'm using a contax lens on a sony camera with an adapter.

Is focal length necessary in Tufuse? If so might it be made editable for these kinds of situations as it is in PTA?

thanks,

Mike

maxlyons

Re: incosistency between tufuse and pta stacks?

Post by maxlyons » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:40 am

masimo wrote:Is focal length necessary in Tufuse? If so might it be made editable for these kinds of situations as it is in PTA?
TuFuse doesn't need any focal length data.

Can you send me your configuration information and any console output (Tools -> View Console)?

Thanks,

Max

masimo

Re: incosistency between tufuse and pta stacks?

Post by masimo » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:51 am

Max,

I was running with 8 bit tifs when this happened. I tried again tonight with jpegs and there was no problem. The tifs and jpegs are both created in os10 on my macbook pro then opened in a parallels virtual machine xp environment for tufuse and pta. I've had other strange things happen with tifs and suspect it has to do with the tifs that raw developer is creating. It may also have to do with the macos formatted drives.

sometimes I simply move the same tifs from one drive or directory to another and they behave differently in PTA. I was thinking it might be something about the exif data because in this case the tifs worked fine in pta but only failed with the -1 return in tufuse pro.

thanks,

Mike
maxlyons wrote:
masimo wrote:Is focal length necessary in Tufuse? If so might it be made editable for these kinds of situations as it is in PTA?
TuFuse doesn't need any focal length data.

Can you send me your configuration information and any console output (Tools -> View Console)?

Thanks,

Max