TufusePro suggestions

Discussion forum for Tawbaware's TuFuse and TuFuse Pro software
nickfan

TufusePro suggestions

Post by nickfan » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:33 am

Hi Max,

I just bought TufusePro. I like its lots of controls and the capability to output 16bit tiff from 8 bit tiff.
I also try the EnfuseGUI.
http://software.bergmark.com/enfuseGUI/Main.html
I like its "bracket count" feature. It will automatically group images into different "batch id" based on the image sequence (sort by name) and the specified number of bracketed images. I find this very handy.
I also find that EnfuseGui is almost twice as fast as TufusePro. EnfuseGUI (using enfuse_openmp.exe?) has multi-core support. I don't know if Tufuse has multi-core support. But I would like to see a speed enhancement.

Nick

maxlyons

Re: TufusePro suggestions

Post by maxlyons » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:43 am

nickfan wrote: I just bought TufusePro.
Thanks.
I don't know if Tufuse has multi-core support.
Some of the logic is written in such a way to that it can use multiple cores, but not all.
But I would like to see a speed enhancement.
Me too! My priority at the moment with TuFuse is to compile a 64 bit version that should allow it to process larger images on machines with more than 2GB of RAM.

Max

nickfan

Post by nickfan » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:09 pm

maxlyons wrote: My priority at the moment with TuFuse is to compile a 64 bit version that should allow it to process larger images on machines with more than 2GB of RAM.

Max
Hi Max,

I have spent my whole afternoon playing with tufuse and enfuse. I conclude that the controls in tufuse are invaluable. I find that tuning exposure weight curve by "brightness" gives me very good balance between black point and highlight.

I am glad you are working on 64 bit version. I hope you can add options for different preview sizes as well. "Small/fast" is too small. "full/slow" is really too slow. It turns out that I need use cropped images to find the optimal settings first.

BTW, I also bought ptassembler. I hope to play with focus blending soon.

Nick

Terrywoodenpic

Post by Terrywoodenpic » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:37 pm

nickfan wrote:
maxlyons wrote: My priority at the moment with TuFuse is to compile a 64 bit version that should allow it to process larger images on machines with more than 2GB of RAM.

Max
Hi Max,

I have spent my whole afternoon playing with tufuse and enfuse. I conclude that the controls in tufuse are invaluable. I find that tuning exposure weight curve by "brightness" gives me very good balance between black point and highlight.

I am glad you are working on 64 bit version. I hope you can add options for different preview sizes as well. "Small/fast" is too small. "full/slow" is really too slow. It turns out that I need use cropped images to find the optimal settings first.

BTW, I also bought ptassembler. I hope to play with focus blending soon.

Nick
Did you down load the latest beta of PTAssembler?
It can be found here. It is very fast.

http://www.tawbaware.com/ptasmblr_51b7.zip
Terry

old decrepit and still taking photographs