focusstack comparison: TuFuse pro, PTassembler

Discussion forum for Tawbaware's TuFuse and TuFuse Pro software
lukaswerth

focusstack comparison: TuFuse pro, PTassembler

Post by lukaswerth » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:54 pm

I have used TuFuse pro (the trial version) with a few pictures for focus stacking, and I am very impressed. Alignment in photoshop helps, but then TuFuse pro does a significantly better job than PTgui.
My question is: does it make sense to get both PTassembler and TuFuse pro, or are the functions of TuFuse pro also included in PTassembler?
(I cannot try PTassembler any more, because I foolishly let pass the trial period after downloading.)

Lukas

lukaswerth

Re: focusstack comparison: TuFuse pro, PTassembler

Post by lukaswerth » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:56 pm

Sorry, in my previous post I was referring to EnfuseGUI, not a program called PT gui.

Lukas

WWG

Re: focusstack comparison: TuFuse pro, PTassembler

Post by WWG » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:42 am

PTassembler contains a version of Tufuse that is integrated into the panorama software. You can shoot focus stacks and/or exposure blends as part of a panorama sequence and PTA will sort out the stacks, determine what kind they are and then assemble the panorama. If you give it only as set of focus stacked images or exposure stacks, it will assemble them automatically. TuFuse Pro has more controls for both exposure and focus stacking but it does not have alignment software built in. PTA has an alignment mode that will create aligned tifs that can be use as inputs to Tufuse Pro if you need the extra controls that TuFuse Pro provides.
Werner