Image Stacker run error

Discussion forum for Tawbaware's Star Tracer and Image Stacker software
pwhole

Image Stacker run error

Post by pwhole » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:38 pm

Max

I've just installed Windows XP Pro 64-bit, and re-installed and re-registered PTAssembler and TuFuse Pro with no issues. However, Image Stacker is not playing ball, and I get an 'Application failed to initialize properly' error message and no program. It's installed correctly as far as I can see, in the Program Files (x86) folder.

Not sure what's going on, as it was working fine in 32-bit, and should be the same here as far as I can tell?

If there's anything else I can tell you, let me know. I've got Service pack 2 of XP 64 installed, and it's bang up-to-date. Do I need any .net framework files installing, or something like that?

Many thanks

Phil.

maxlyons

Re: Image Stacker run error

Post by maxlyons » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:23 am

pwhole wrote:Do I need any .net framework files installing, or something like that?
Phil,

I haven't tested on Windows XP/64, but it runs fine on my Windows 7/64 machine. Image Stacker does require the ".Net Framework 2.0" in order to run, so perhaps your machine is missing some or all of that. You can download the necessary files from Microsoft. As of today (Jan 20, 2011) the link on Microsoft's page is here (32 bit) or here (64 bit). However, Microsoft appears to reorganize its website and break links about every 10 minutes as far as I can tell, so you may also find these files via a google search.

Max

pwhole

Post by pwhole » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:45 pm

Max

Thanks for getting back to me - that's probably it, as I haven't yet installed the .net Framework - I'll let you know how it goes.

One other question - does Image Stacker only accept images of the same exposure? I tried blending some last week with different exposures, and the program absolutely refused to output any final images. It went through all the calculations, but then didn't write a file - the command window zips by too fast to see what the last line says!

Many thanks

Phil.

pwhole

Post by pwhole » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:41 pm

Max

That's fixed it - excellent. I've got a nasty feeling I've deleted the images I couldn't get to stack last week so I can't test it again, but if I run up against any problems, I'll let you know.

Many thanks

Phil.