Star tracer: Gaps are not filled

Discussion forum for Tawbaware's Star Tracer and Image Stacker software
Fortuna

Star tracer: Gaps are not filled

Post by Fortuna » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:37 am

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how the program works as I don't see any difference in the photo that has been created.

I opened a photo with EXIF data (one of the original photos that was part of the image stack) and the program read a FOV of 54.4322 that I entered into the image properties window. I drew about 60 lines and got a warning after clicking on "Optimize". I created the image and compared it to the input image. I could see some differences like multiplying lines but the star trails still have the same gaps.

Please have a look at the screen shots - I hope they help. The first one "input.jpg" shows a part of the image with some lines. The second "warning.jpg" shows the warning message, the third one "before.jpg" shows a part of the input image and the last one "after.jpg" shows the same area of the created image.

The camera used was a full-format Canon 1Ds Mk III with a 35mm lens.

Any help on what I am doing incorrectly is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sandra
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Fortuna on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fortuna

Re: Star tracer: Gaps are not filled

Post by Fortuna » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:39 am

Here's the "after.jpg" image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

maxlyons

Re: Star tracer: Gaps are not filled

Post by maxlyons » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:10 pm

You didn't say how many times you rotated the image, or how much. Looking at your input images and guessing about the length your camera paused between taking the images, I would think that one rotation of a few seconds ought to be enough to "fill" the visible gaps.

Max