No output image?

Discussion forum for Tawbaware's Star Tracer and Image Stacker software
maxlyons

Re: No output image?

Post by maxlyons » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:09 am

ishb3w wrote:I'm using Image Stacker and selected 3 images that I took with my Canon 60D. First I tried using the original images, which didn't work so I thought maybe the pictures were too large, and resized them 25%. Still no output image. What am I doing wrong?
Hard to say without more information. Can you send me one of the images?

Thanks,

Max

maxlyons

Post by maxlyons » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:05 pm

ishb3w wrote:I'd rather not. What information do you need?
I need to figure out what you are doing that is different from me, or what is different in your environment compared to mine. My first guess (based on nothing other than a hunch given what I know so far) is that you are using a type of file that Image Stacker doesn't support.

You said that you are using images that you took with a Canon 60D. But, you didn't say what format they are. Are they JPEG files that came out of the camera? Or, maybe they are TIFF files that you created in a raw processing program? Or maybe they are PNG or BMP files? Or maybe something else? Also, what dimensions are they, what color depth are they, and how many channels do your images have?

Also, when you say that it "didn't work", can you elaborate on that?

Thanks,

Max

DMA

Post by DMA » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:06 pm

Hi,

I was also having the same issue (no output image).

I managed to solve what the problem was as I was writing a bit more about my issue here, as a reply.

I was also using 'stock' JPG images right out of the camera (Canon 7D). I wanted to see what the output text was saying when the DOS box popped up, in case that explained what was going on. When getting the program version number for the bug report I was writing, I noticed that there was a 'Help -> Show command line' menu item. So I selected that, and did a 'CTRL-C' on the modal window (to select the text - it will be selected, even though it's not highlighted). Then I pasted this in a text editor (notepad.exe will do), and selected only the command line. I enclosed the command .exe (i.e.: C:\Program Files (x86)\ImageStacker\imgstack.exe) in quotes (to make it:"C:\Program Files (x86)\ImageStacker\imgstack.exe"). Then I opened a command prompt (cmd.exe), and pasted in the full (modified) 'command line':

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ImageStacker\imgstack.exe" -p0 -s"" -t100 -o"E:\Panos\TEST\TEST.jpg" "E:\Panos\TEST\IMG_3007.JPG" "E:\Panos\TEST\IMG_3008.JPG" "E:\Panos\TEST\IMG_3009.JPG"

I got the following output:

Cannot find registration information
Processing 3 images...
Using Preset Gamma Curve 0
Loading image 1: E:\Panos\TEST\IMG_3007.JPG
Sorry -- unregistered version of this program is
limited to processing no more that 10 images sized 640x480 or smaller

Finalizing...
No valid input images
Could not create final image.
Finished.

I suspect you're getting the same. Perhaps try the above steps to verify this is the case.

Alternatively, try and modify the source images to be no larger than 640x480, as per the output error message.

Hope this helps!
Thanks,

Duncan.