Image Stacker and norwegian characters (file name)

Discussion forum for Tawbaware's Star Tracer and Image Stacker software
Datamaskin

Image Stacker and norwegian characters (file name)

Post by Datamaskin » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:05 pm

Hi.

I happens to live in Norway, and the alphabet is extended by three letters compared to engish alphabet.

Image Stacker (version 2.1) doesn't process any images that has one or more of the following letters (big char and small char):
  • Æ æ
  • Ø ø
  • Å å

Datamaskin

Re: Image Stacker and norwegian characters (file name)

Post by Datamaskin » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:00 am

Wow, I have three new posts in this forum and yet no replies to any of them?

Is it any life in here at all?

I paid for Imagestacker and want to tell about a nagging problem. Is this forum the only way of comunication?

maxlyons

Post by maxlyons » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:16 am

Thanks for the report. I'll look into fixing this for a future release. Can you give any more detail about what does (or doesn't) happen when using files that contain these characters?

In the meantime, perhaps one could avoid problematic characters when running Image Stacker, and rename the final output image as desired.

Max

Datamaskin

Post by Datamaskin » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:10 pm

Hi.

Yes I can.

If any character mentioned in first post occurs in file name or it's path, the "dos window" pops up, but disappear before my eyes can blink. So I can't read any text appearing in that window.

From my perspective (a noob's way to tell) it looks like Imagestacker process the files in record time, but no output files is created.

And just as you propose, I often need to move the files to a dummy folder while processing, and then move them back.

Thanks