Question on 100% only view in Star Tracer

Discussion forum for Tawbaware's Star Tracer and Image Stacker software
Paul2660

Question on 100% only view in Star Tracer

Post by Paul2660 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:31 am

Is there a way, to reduce the view when tracing the trails? I have run into a couple of shots taken in a southerly direction, where the trails tend to be much less curved. As I have taken a few series now over 2 hours in stacked exposures, I have realized that with the 100% only view, you won't be able to trace the entire trail, instead the view cuts you off. Is there a way to continue, or a way to reduce the view from only 100%, to allow tracing on longer exposures with no northerly direction? Or is it a feature that could be added?

Thanks
Paul Caldwell

maxlyons

Re: Question on 100% only view in Star Tracer

Post by maxlyons » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:38 pm

Paul,

No, Star Tracer doesn't allow for adjustable zoom in the viewer windows. However, if you have trails so long that they don't fit in the viewer, then you don't need to click on the start and end of the trails. In fact, you can click anywhere on the trail as the start, and anywhere else as the end. Star Tracer really just needs to know two points on the trail. In general, it is better if the points are as far away from each other as possible, so the documentation says to use the start and end of the trail, but in your case, the trails are so long that you will be able get good results if you just click on two locations that are as far apart as you can see in the viewer.

Hope this helps,

Max

Paul2660

Re: Question on 100% only view in Star Tracer

Post by Paul2660 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:28 am

Thanks Max, that's good to know for the future.

Paul