I'm new to this forum. I've been reading and learning for a month or more, but finally decided to register and post. This is my first really successful image processed with PTAssembler, though I've been doing smaller panos with PhotoShop and other programs for awhile.
This shot is made up of 227 images of various focus and exposure taken with my Nikon D70. I used Neat Image, TuFuse, and SmartBlend during processing. TuFuse did a wonderful job with exposure, but I'm not having much luck yet with focus blending. I wound up removing a few images from the source list due to ghosted images and poor choice of which items were really in focus. After removing six or so troublesome images it looked great. I used AutoPano for the control points and the only thing I had to adjust was the roll or horizon level.
I'm really amazed at how quickly this stitched with relatively little user intervention. Incredible set of programs! The final 16-bit LZW compressed TIFF is 449MB, 10242x5797px, and 34.14x19.323". I have an ~34x20" image being printed on canvas by epingo.com that I'm anxiously awaiting to arrive.
Thanks Max for developing such a great program! :D